Established in 1984, with Screenco acquired in 1985 and Creative Technology London formed in 1986, Avesco was originally listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1988.
In 1993 Avesco broadened its business operation with the acquisition of broadcast services company Presteigne Broadcast Hire and three years later acquired 49% of Complete Communications Corporation Limited. This was followed in 1997 by the acquisition of JVR and 51% of what was to become Creative Technology US. Control of Creative Technology US came the following year when the remaining 49% was purchased with Media Control, Inc (our Chicago office) acquired in 1999.
2001 saw Action and MCL brought under the Avesco banner with CT Germany opening its offices in 2003. 2003 also saw Avesco, Screenco and Dimension relocating to its current Gatwick offices.
Avesco demerged from InvestinMedia plc (which included Complete Communications) in 2004. Two years later, the Company acquired Fountain Studios as a new business stream. The subsequent sale of the investment in Complete Communications, the owner of the worldwide rights to the quiz format “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?”, provided substantial and additional financial resources, which led to the Company re-acquiring Avesco's specialist services division in 2007 through a nil-premium merger thus forming Avesco Group plc.
In April 2008, Avesco acquired the Charter Broadcast Group of Companies, a leading provider of broadcast systems and equipment. The business operation was merged with Presteigne, rebranded as Presteigne Charter, creating a Singapore operation which added to the Group’s presence throughout the UK, Europe, USA, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.